Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sunday Marinades

So, as I begin to think about spending my days at work rather than at home, I realize that I need to get into the habit of having meals "ready to go". No, I'm not returning to work immediately, but when I do, I need to be prepared! Besides, it's nice to be able to pull meat out of the freezer and not put any thought into what to do with it! Just warm up the grill, sautee some veggies or make a salad, and you're on your way to a healthy, delicioius dinner! It makes it easy and quick and then your attention can go towards other things, like keeping the boy from playing with knives, corraling little girls back to the table with their chairs, and answering the "What if" questions being darted at you from the 6 year old. See, it's good for everyone :-)

This is what I do to ease the Kraziness from time to time:

Bring home the large package of skinless, boneless chicken breasts from Costco, get out my gallon size Ziploc freezer bags, all my ingredients, and get to work. Sometimes I use premade marinades, but lately I've been creating my own. (I'll get back to you when I know how these taste!) I put all of the ingredients for each marinade into a Ziploc, add the chicken which I've either flattened, or sliced into strips, or whatever, zip it up, and throw it in the freezer! It's truly that simple! The nice thing about this method is that the meat has a chance to really soak up all those yummy flavors that go into the marinade!

I have here a soy ginger, orange balsamic, Thai peanut chicken, and a premade Jamaican Jerk that I simply thinned with olive oil. It's so easy and fast and delicious. Good food doesn't have to complicated and a good meal doesn't have to overdone! I like to keep most of my cooking simple and this surely fits the bill :-) Besides, my sidekick does a better job with the grill than I do with the stove! When you live in the Pacific Northwest, you learn to grill in rain, snow, sleet, or hail! It's just the way it is!!

2 comments:

Daily Freebies said...

I love your blog :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Guru, what entice you to post an article. This article was extremely interesting, especially since I was searching for thoughts on this subject last Thursday.