Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkin Eggnog Pancakes

AKA: "Fat Pancakes"
In my constant quest to fatten up little Molly, I'm always looking for ways to add calories to the food she'll eat. So, if it calls for milk, why not use the much richer and fatter Eggnog?
She certainly looks excited to try it!
I'd say she approves!
Here's the recipe:
1 cup flour
About 1 cup eggnog (confession: I used mostly egg nog and a little 1/2 & 1/2)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbls sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have this, use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and ginger to taste)
2 tbls vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
Combine the ingredients, make adjustments to get the right consistency, and cook as usual.
I'm not much of a pancake fan, so I usually don't eat them. However, these were pretty good, especially with some butter, syrup, whipped cream, and nutmeg on top! Here's to holiday flavors~

No comments: